We are expecting flu vaccines to be available for patients in the office in early September.
As a reminder, the flu vaccine is recommended for everyone 6 months of age and older with rare exceptions. Flu vaccines will be offered to all patients when you come in for routine appointments in the office or you may schedule an appointment. This year we are offering online scheduling during our flu vaccine days which are scheduled for the dates listed below.
You may schedule via the Healow app or portal, by going to our website, or by calling 215-735-7992. Please complete the influenza vaccination questionnaire prior to your appointment.
About the flu vaccine:
- It takes about 2 weeks for protection to develop after vaccination.
- There are many flu viruses, and they are always changing. Each year a new flu vaccine is made to protect against the influenza viruses believed to be likely to cause disease in the upcoming flu season.
- Even when the vaccine doesn’t exactly match these viruses, it may still provide some protection.
- Influenza vaccine does not cause flu.
- Influenza vaccine may be given at the same time as other vaccines.
- Influenza vaccine can be administered at any time during pregnancy.
- People with minor illnesses, such as a cold, may be vaccinated.
COVID Vaccine and Other Vaccine Administration
You can get a COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines at the same visit. You no longer need to wait 14 days between vaccinations. Experience with other vaccines has shown that the way our bodies develop protection, known as an immune response, after getting vaccinated and possible side effects of vaccines are generally the same when given alone or with other vaccines.
Walk-In Clinic Dates at RWWC
September 7th, 8AM-12PM
September 10th, 8AM-12PM
September 11th, 9AM-1PM
October 4th, 8AM-12PM